Friday, February 01, 2013

Moving to Internet Rivers

I confess. I never was fond of the domain name "LinksAlive.com." The name was chosen for me.

The business plan I wanted to execute was to build Community centered sites. These sites would feed a larger site that had a general purpose theme. I wanted to concentrate on the community sites. The person who was working on the commercial site chose the name.

The goal of my project is to explore the ways in which different communities are connect. After my initial partnership broke up, I bought the domain name iRivers.com. I like to call the domain Internet Rivers.

I love the name because we are all connected by rivers.

I am currently in the process of moving all the content from LinksAlive.com to iRivers.com. I will hold a Bido auction for the name linksalive.com. There are thousands of links to this site and it currently gets several thousand hits a day. I hope it sells.

No comments: