Saturday, November 01, 2008

AOL Demonstrates Worst Form

I can't believe this. Apparently AOL shut down their hometown program. If you had a web page with the program you get a sorry, you're hosed page. All of the links and work you did are now gone.

I can see closing down a program.

The polite thing is to give participants in the program a URL forward option. URL forwards aren't resource intensive and can help people salvage their web building efforts.

Fortunately, I did not lose a site resulting from AOL's actions. I large number of links to AOL which are now broken. I guess I have to delete them all.

This tears my heart apart as many artists, authors and crafts people were using the AOL service.

If you had an AOL listing on the CommunityColor.com directories, you will need to add them back to the service.

No comments: