I am a big fan of using defaults.
The original concept behind the web was that people would customize their browsers to the font and font size that they found the most readable. Web designers should then use the default fonts.
What happened is that manufacturers increased the resolution of their screens. The browsers kept the default font size in pixels and web sites relying on defaults became less readable.
Anyway, I decided to clean up broken links. I've removed 700 so far. While doing so, I decided that the site was just too illegible at the current defaults.
So, I switched the lists to a sans-serif font. I also decided to outdent the list.
I am happy with this change.
I think I will be able to pull another thousand broken links from the site.